| Boris FX has introduced
what it claims is the first plug-in that combines 3D graphics animation
and compositing effects into a plug-in suite application that integrates
seamlessly into non-linear online finishing systems, Boris RED. It includes
the RED Engine for standalone rendering.
Launched at IBC 2001, Boris RED 2.1 is a resolution-independent 3D-compositing
and title effects plug-in for Macintosh and Windows NT nonlinear editors
and includes: sophisticated titling; 3D modelling and animation; and vector
based paint tools which allow users create animated graphics for video
and export them to FLASH for simultaneous web distribution; as well as
support for Apple's multiple-processor and AltiVec technology. It will
work with systems from Adobe, Apple, Avid, Canopus, Discreet, DPS, FAST,
In-Sync, Incite, Media 100, Panasonic, Sony, and Ulead.
The new Boris FX version 6.0 can composite unlimited layers of media
and preview compositions with audio using RAM or Disk based playback.
New compositing features include: 27 apply modes; motion blur; particles;
lighting effects; and displacement mapping. Users can create self-animating
natural effects such as snow, rain, fire, clouds, sparks, and comets which
can interact with media or video.
2000 - 2010
back to the top
- An increasing number of broadcasters and freelancers are turning turning
to editing packages which can edit broadcast
quality material on a laptop.
- Apple Places Video At Core
Of Digital Hub The future of computing is video and audio production,
believes Apple Computer, and it wants to be at the heart of it. It already
markets its Macintosh computer as "the digital hub", not just
to consumers but professionals too.
- There is a wide range of video hardware
boards. We take a look at Matrox, Pinnacle, DPS, Canopus and Digital
- The Fastrack VS is the Lift system enhanced
by Editware - with improved its workflow.
- FAST's flagship editing system, blue,
finally turned up as a working product at IBC 2001
- Media 100's new editing and compositing
system "Pegasus" will be capable of unlimited layers,
run multiple simultaneous streams and should cost between $25,000 and
$50,000 for a turnkey solution.
- The EditPro/M from Athens-based Eagle
Research is a complete edit suite in a box offering half a Terabyte
of RAID disk storage.
- Pinnacle's Pro-ONE is native DV and can
handle up to ten effects in real time find out more.
- Avid's Media Composer line has been updated
with a DV option (25 and 50 Mbps), with real-time DVE.
- The latest version (Dimension 8.2) of Accom's
Affinity NLE adds "speed, speed, speed."
- Pinnacle buys FAST- Fairlight gets
Lightworks - Discreet purchases Media 100's Cleaner and CineStream products
- Discreet editing report The
new edit 6.5 is launched.
- Review of Adobe Premiere 6.0, Photoshop
6.0 and After Effects 5.0
- Non Linear Editing - IBC 2000
- Non Linear Editing - IBC 1999 product
- Apple's Final Cut Pro - low-cost
broadcast editing on the Mac.
- Fast's Purple - budget non linear
broadcast editor for PCs
- Judgement and Justice from Eidos
- quirky NLEs.